Friday, February 8, 2008

Back in the Saddle

Now that I'm back into a manageable routine in Kuwait, my blog will be here from now on...can't really stand MySpace anymore, and I can access this page at work. [grin]

I haven't posted anything in quite a while...I've been busy, OK?

First, I had a wonderful vacation at home with Lori and the kids. 20 days went by way too quickly, of course, but I did get to spend a lot of quality time with them, see a few friends, and accomplish most of my honey-do list.

After returning to Kuwait in early January, I was sent to Qatar for a few days, then Bahrain for a week. Both trips were fabulous, and now I can say I've been there, done that, got the T-shirts (no, really). I won't go into too many details, but I will say that while Qatar imposes a 3-drink limit, Bahrain does not. We stayed in a 5-star hotel in Bahrain, ate like kings, and I celebrated my birthday there.

Speaking of saddles, January also brought my debut as the Saturday night cycling class instructor at Camp Arifjan. More on that later, but I must take the time here to complain that our pool is now closed for renovations, so my triathlon training is somewhat curtailed for the next several weeks. I was so mad that on Sunday, the last day the pool was open, I went and swam 4600 yards. That'll show 'em!

Lori and the kids are fine at home. Christian is preparing to swim in the Oklahoma State championships next weekend, in the 100-fly, 100-back, and 4 x 100 free relay. He's ranked in the top 10 in the 100-fly, so we're excited for him! He recently won all three events at the Conference chamionships as well. Dallas is getting ready for high school graduation, and our little Abbi is playing basketball.

I posted some recent pics under the "some cool pics" section to the right, and will get more on there soon.

No comments: